It was a lovely Sunday evening, in the middle of April, when Jerome and Alysha were going downtown for a nice dinner at Jerome’s favorite restaurant. While they were walking, Alysha just didn’t feel as if everything was right. She knew what was going on. She knew that everything was just going to go downhill from here. Her mind was racing, and she really didn’t know how to feel. She felt weird going into such a classy restaurant in her rags. She felt as if she was completely out of place while Jerome looked so great. They finally arrived at the restaurant, and Alysha sat down to a dinner that she thought would be the worst dinner of her life.
“Babe, I really need to speak to you about something it’s really important.”
“What happened? I’m sure I already know.” Said Alysha with a stern voice.
“How do you know what happened…?” Jerome said nervously.
“I already know. Like seriously, don’t act like I didn’t see you that day. You’ve been acting so weird lately.”
“How have I been acting weird babe? “ asked Jerome.
“You know exactly why. You know, all these things you’ve been getting me. What’s up with the Tiffany bracelet? “
“Girl, you know I buy that stuff because I love you and I really care about you.”
“No. I feel as if you’re trying to make a secret glitter with these gifts.” She said sadly.
“What? How could I ever do that? And what secret could I be hiding from you?”
At this moment, Jerome and Alysha stared at each other for a long time. She didn’t know what to think. Why was he acting like this? Did he not care for her anymore? What happened to our love? She wanted to just sit down and burst into tears. She stared around the beautiful restaurant trying to focus her mind on other things. But she couldn’t. What was going on?
“Look, Jerome. I mean, you can get whatever you want to say over with because I already know what’s going on.”
“Alysha, you really don’t know. Stop assuming shit.” Jerome said. He felt his body getting hotter and hotter.
“ Jerome! Look. For a few months now, all you’ve been doing is buying me everything I want.”
“And what does that mean? I can’t buy the girl I love nice things?”
“Yes you can. But lately you have been overdoing it.”
“No. This is how I treat all my girls.”
“Jerome, why do you have to lie to me? I don’t want to be your charity case okay? I never asked for that!” She said, while tears filled her eyes.
“Alysha…why would I ever do that to you? You’re my girl.”
“No. You know what’s going on. I’m over it. I saw you leaving that house. Who’s house were you going to anyway?’
“Don’t worry about it. Okay?” Jerome said in a nervous voice.
“Jerome! Who’s house been it? Seriously. Since when do you go into huge luxurious houses?” Alysha yelled.
“Why were you in that neighborhood?” Jerome asked.
“Why do you care?”
“Exactly. Why do you care why I was there?”
“Jerome shut up. Please tell me why you were there !!”
“Don’t worry about it.”
“Why can’t I know?”
“Because I said so. Why does it even matter? “ Jerome said.
“It matters because I know something crazy is going on.”
“Not really actually. You’re just being paranoid.”
“OMG JUST TELL ME GOSH!”
“Nope sorry I can’t tell you.” Jerome said, sighing at the end of his sentence.
“You see? Omg. I’m so over it. Why are you always shopping? Like why did you cancel our date? Do you even give a crap about me?”
“Alysha. Please, calm down. You don’t know. You don’t know anything. You really don’t. At all. So stop assuming everything. Everything is in your head.”
“Yeah right. I’m so sick of it. Just tell me it’s done and I’ll be fine. You are such a liar.”
“No I’m not. What could I be hiding from you?”
“Everything.”
“Alysha, please clam down. Just wait. “
Just at that moment when Alysha got up to leave, Jerome stopped her. “Hold on” Jerome said. He ran out to his car, and grabbed something.
“Alysha, I know what’s going on. You know, I really care about you. This is what you’ll be getting forever, when you’re in my arms. I will always be there. No matter what, you will get this”
As he spoke to her, he pulled something out of his pocket and gave it to her. “Forever yours, and everything will be fine, forever.”
No comments:
Post a Comment