Laura and Jasen sat in the dining room, they were eating microwave made popcorn.
"Microwaves are so helpful. I don't know if I could've survived without one", Laura said.
Jasen was quiet, he glanced at the new microwave, staring in dismay.
"I can't believe dad got a new microwave after the other microwave no longer worked. It will never be as good as the other one we had. Nothing can ever replace that microwave, no matter what. We can't ever get that microwave back", Jasen sighed.
"Well you're the one who blew it up no one told you to act like an idiot, even if it was a mistake for you and you didn't mean for it to stop working." Laura rolled her eyes, she got quiet and just looked at Jasen.
"It wasn't my fault, I was joking, I didn't expect the microwave to actually stop working", Jasen explained.
"Well, explain that to dad. He loved our old microwave too, but we had it all our lives. It was such good quality and now we have to live without it. The new one isn't the best, and it can never replace our old one. Dad and us both do need a microwave. I guess we have to live with the fact that we can never get our old microwave back, and live with this new one." Laura said as she put her hands on Jasen's shoulder for comfort.
No comments:
Post a Comment