Friday, September 16, 2011

Journal #1- Two Lies and One Truth

The other day, I was happily walking down my stairs. I was feeling good, hoping that I wouldn't fall like i always do. All of a sudden, BOOM! I slipped on my own two feet and tumbled down the stairs of my spacious apartment. After I fell, all one could hear in the house are cries of help and me literally crying. My siblings ran out of their rooms, and immediately burst out into laughter. They even took my own video camera to film my pain. I cried so much and I couldn't believe they would do such a thing. After taking videos, they left me there, drowning in a puddle of sadness.

Last sunday, I was in church as I am every sunday. I walked up to the altar, to receive my communion. Feeling a little shaky and unconfident about what my slippery flats would do to me this time, I was walking quietly to my seat. Then, out of the blue, I just slipped! It felt like my heart skipped a beat, twice. I hit my head on the piano that was right beside me. Suddenly I heard a loud cry of laughter. It was my brother who was altar serving at the moment. I felt so embarrassed that I kept repeating to myself that I never want to return to that church again.

I hate chickens. Those birds that can't even fly. I run away from them whenever I see them when I'm in Africa. Once, I cried when I thought that one was trying to attack me. Their ugly little beaks disgust me and their beady eyes annoy me. That stare they just give to anyone that passes them intimidates me. Sometimes from my balcony, I would throw rocks, sand or at least something at them. They gross me out. I actually hate all birds in general. The worst thing is that I even laughed when I saw a chicken being kid. Wow, I am a horrible person.

Can you guess which are the two lies? Can you guess which one is the truth?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing these in class! They are full of great details.

    9

    ReplyDelete